Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy
What is Hyperbaric Therapy?
Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy is an oxygen therapy which is used by some of the world’s most elite athletes to speed up recovery, this process requires the use of a total body chamber that has its atmospheric pressure increased and controlled. This oxygen rich environment enhances the body natural healing processes and promotes recovery from strenuous exercise and muscle injury.
- Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy (HBOT) is a safe method of delivering more oxygen to the body at the cellular level.
- Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy provides the optimal environment for the body to carry out vital cell processes, thereby increasing the capacity for the body to heal itself.
- Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy utilizes filtered pressurized ambient air to dissolve oxygen directly into the plasma, cerebral and spinal fluids, flooding tissues and vital organs with oxygen.
- Hyperbaric Therapy allows for healing at the cellular level, which is critical for changes to be made which in turn affect healthy tissue formation, making it possible for healthier organs and ultimately a healthier body overall.
Oxygen Treatment has been used to establish if the expected time taken for a sports injury to heal can be reduced as measured against the estimated time of a physiotherapist. On average across a variety of 20 of the most common ailments; injuries healed 70% faster when treated with a combination of physiotherapy and Oxygen Treatment.
Am I Safe using Hyperbarics?
- YES! The hyperbaric chamber uses filtered ambient air, so there is no risk of oxygen toxicity to the body even with regular use.
- The chamber can be depressurized and opened from the inside. You will be shown how to do this in your first session.
- From inside the chamber, you will be able to see and communicate with staff outside the chamber, if you require assistance.
- Most people report a comfortable, relaxing experience and emerge from the chamber feeling refreshed.
- This form therapy is non-invasive, non-pharmaceutical, and there are minimal dangerous side effects.
How long does a session last?
- The sessions last around 60 minutes at 4psi
What can I do during my hyperbaric session?
- Listen to music
- Read books or magazines
- Take advantage of the break and relax
How do I book for a session.
- Contact the office for available times. 012 663 6639 /08244 77700
- Monday to Thursday: 10:00 – 18:00; Fri. 14:30 – 16:30 & Saturday 8:00 – 11:00
- Cost. R375.00 per session. Payable cash or by Credit Card