Centurion Gymnastics Club
The club was started in 1987 in the small hall next to the existing building. We moved into our current building in 1991.
- The main building is 3 000 sq/m and can seat 800 people.
- The Club is fully equipped with the latest FIG approved apparatus (Spieth and GYMNOVA) as well as additional training and competition equipment from our local manufacturer GIMTRAC. Total estimate value of equipment – R15m.
- The venue has being used for various International, National and Regional meets over the past 25 years.
- CGC was the first Gymnastics Club in South Africa that started a development program with clubs in Mamelodi and Atteridgeville in 1989.
- 2014: Invested in the latest new state of the art artistic floor to the value of R450 000
- 2015: Repainted the outside and inside of the building.
- CGC not only has competition equipment of an International standard but also is the best training facility in Southern Africa.
- Gerhard Ferreira is the original founder of the Club and is still currently the CEO and Head Coach of the Club.
- The”Old Gym” was rented out for 20 years to Karate and as a private entertainment venue.
- In 2011 we realize we need to expand our facilities due to the ongoing demand especially for our pre-school program. We decided to renovate the building in two phases. The front half of the building was equipped with pre-school apparatus for our 2-4 years Tumble Bees.
- We finished with the renovations in 2013 and our 4-6yr old gymnasts (Kinder Bees) now also have a facility dedicated to their program.
- The total cost for the renovations, which include the play area outside was R1,1m.
- Currently the Junior Gym caters for almost 350 members out of a total of 1 100. We have a total of 22 dedicated, qualified coaches looking after our gymnasts.
We are affiliated to GNGA and SAGF and also members of the International Association of Independent Gymnastics Club (USA)